// // // // // // //
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Advanced Search

Search Results

Searched for: trust

C-corp vs. Trust

Trust Web Structures Discussion Forum
I'm wondering if there is any reason not to use a trust to hold major assets or even operate a business in the public instead of a C-corp as...
Category : Trust Web Structures Discussion Forum
Upgrade your access to continue reading restricted topic...

Weiss's Concise Trustee Handbook HARD COPY

Private Trust Education Discussion Forum
Had this made by printme1.com, cost $15 with the spiral spine upgrade.

If anyone's found a cheaper way please let me know, I'd like to...
Category : Private Trust Education Discussion Forum

Starting a "C" corp with a holding trust

Just to clarify, I currently have a "trust" with an EIN and a bank account. I know this is not the preferred way to do this but I did this...

Starting a "C" corp with a holding trust

So I want to start a C corp to use as the main public entity in my web structure. On the state site, the form asks for the "incorporator...

25 May 2018 09:12
Fantastic! This is what I have been hoping to see someday.

Christian, have you learned about Hashgraph, and more importantly, Hedera on it for this plan? Hedera and gossip protocol is so superior to the traditional blockchain protocol, you should be made aware.

Also wondering if putting an ICO within a private trust structure will bypass all the crazy and inconsistent “regulations “ and KYC requirements that are stifling the growth of crypto today. Have you any input on that?

Thanks...

Loan fees

Megaera Putney wrote:
Response in line

1. I have a trust web structure where gold was exchanged into the Master trust and flowed downward to a C-Corp as start up...

Can I exchange funds into a Holding Trust?

Hello Christian - me again! : )

I want to buy a truck (cash) and put it into my Trust web. I have a C-Corp it can belong to but I'm not...

Loan fees

Response in line

1. I have a trust web structure where gold was exchanged into the Master trust and flowed downward to a C-Corp as start up...

Loan fees

Megaera Putney wrote:
Hello Christian -

I have a couple of questions;

1. I have a trust web structure where gold was exchanged into the Master trust and...

23 May 2018 08:05
Beneficiaries of a private express trust need not be revealed. When operated correctly, a private express trust is not subject to subpoena, so no records are due to any creditor.

Having said that, it's also advisable to not be a beneficiary. Gather your benefits as trustee. Keep your three trust parties distinct: grantor, trustee(s), and beneficiary(ies).
23 May 2018 07:54
ZeroForce wrote:
Hello Forum,

If one has plans to sell a Private Express Trust in the future, are there extraordinary considerations for that?

This trust will be more of a holding company for several S-corps or even LLCs under it, if that has any bearing.

Thank you.

Private trusts exist by private contract under the private law of the contract. If there is nothing in the trust indenture that prohibits a sale, the trust can be sold or transferred freely. This will not affect the companies or other assets of...

Private Surety Bond

Right to Travel Discussion Forum
What we do is issue our own. A surety trust in our trust web insures multiple travelers and cars. If you get a few people together and...
Category : Right to Travel Discussion Forum

23 May 2018 07:36
You will need to up on the rules of the 501 tax exempt organizations to see who can own them. If a Canadian organization can own and operate a 501 company, then yes, you could develop American corporate credit for that entity.

Loan fees

Hello Christian -

I have a couple of questions;

1. I have a trust web structure where gold was exchanged into the Master trust and...

07 May 2018 10:42
In reading today I found this:

"Under trust law, the settlor's creditors genneraly cannot reach the trust property so long as the settlor is NOT also the beneficiary of the trust...it provides that if the settlor retains a benficial interest in the trust property, then his creditors can reach his interest in that property even in the face fo explicit efforts on this part to provide, in terms of the trust, that his creditors may not reach his interest."

It makes sense to me why this is of...
07 May 2018 08:56
Hello Forum,

If one has plans to sell a Private Express Trust in the future, are there extraordinary considerations for that?

This trust will be more of a holding company for several S-corps or even LLCs under it, if that has any bearing.

Thank you.
06 May 2018 20:01
I like the simplicity stated here. Maybe Christian can comment on the validity?
29 Mar 2018 13:10
I get your point. Yes, I should use an entrepreneur's perspective, not an employee's.

In order to incorporate, E-2 VISA requires me to apply for an EIN, making my corporation liable for taxes. I've read that foreign nationals can only start S-Corps only if they're permanent residents or pass the substantial presence test.

As a foreign national, can I register a tax-exempt organization and still qualify for a E-2 VISA? Based on what I see, yes, but probably with caveats.

Then wouldn't your...
28 Mar 2018 20:26
You're mixing concepts. A private trust can be tax non-obligated if properly administered. That has no bearing on the Living Free of the System course information. Living Free of the System shows how an American born free inhabitant can legally and lawfully avoid personal income tax liability as an employee.
25 Mar 2018 11:12
Hi all.

Does operating in trust in any given country apply equally to foreign-born citizens as it does natural-born citizens?

Here's an example of what I mean:

Let's say you're a Canadian citizen by birth. You create your U.S. corporation and fulfill all obligations under an E-2 VISA.

You get more freedom to visit and stay in the U.S while your business still runs. You pay corporate taxes. If you spend a certain amount of time, won't you be required to become a tax resident?

If you...
11 Mar 2018 18:27
Hi.

Learning all this trust education is fantastic! But applying it in the presence of your teachers and your peers is better.

Have you considered hosting live workshops where members can participate case studies or mock scenarios (e.g. court cases) in groups or in front of a private audience?

Rolando

Trust Consulting

Ah... and I somehow overlooked that personal coaching is offered here on the site...which I assume could entail looking over and helping...

Trust Consulting

Does anyone have recommendations as to who might be able and willing to consult on the formation of trusts as organizational structures IE...

13 Nov 2017 08:07
EIN
Hi Jack - I have been able to acquire EIN's for private trusts without entering an SSN or other tax ID.

Sometimes the IRS issues it, sometimes they write back wanting more information.

The reason I opted for one of the private trusts in my structure to have an EIN is because this trust is the owner of an LLC and for banking purposes the owner of the LLC must be present to open an account and provide an SSN or other tax ID.

Banks ask for the SSN since the Patriot Act was enacted. The owner...
13 Nov 2017 07:48
Understood. I agree. And that is interesting about the LLC as a wolf in sheep's clothing. I will keep this in mind as I further build out the structure. Thank you - Siobhan

Opening a Bank Account / Business Checking via Power of Attorney

Corporate Credit Fast-Track
The scenario you've discovered trying to use an LLC demonstrates an important reason I prefer the C-corp. With a C-corp, an officer of the...
Category : Corporate Credit Fast-Track

10 Nov 2017 12:46
Sure Rolando, you could have a foreign corporation own the US corporation. Behind that I would have a holding trust own the foreign corporation and/or hold a lien over all its assets, and a private master trust that holds a lien over the holding trust's assets.
06 Nov 2017 16:14
Thanks Christian.

Your last answer helps a lot!

It seems that everyone except me in this thread is American. What about a foreigner who wants to start a corporation to do business in America? Wouldn't it be wiser to use a foreign parent / holding company that owns the American C-corp?

I'm considering combining private express trusts with offshore corporations. I need to deal with American clients who transact only with ACH/ABA funds transfers. So, without citizenship or residency, I need...
06 Nov 2017 16:02
Hi Siobhan.

Thanks for articulating and expanding on my earlier question!

It led to a much better answer!
05 Nov 2017 14:41
In theory, taxation of an LLC as a corp should solve the jurisdictional issue for the trust, yes. I still prefer C-corps because they are less tracked by tax paperwork. Whenever an LLC makes money of a certain amount, the payer of the revenue is required to report it on a 1099. There is no such requirement for reporting on a C-corp. The LLC was created and actively marketed by the Feds in order to cause people to unwittingly agree to such tracking of earnings by reporting requirements placed on...

Opening a Bank Account / Business Checking via Power of Attorney

Corporate Credit Fast-Track
A quick update

In order to accomplish getting a business checking I have gathered the following information after speaking to a few banks....
Category : Corporate Credit Fast-Track

03 Nov 2017 16:36
Hey all,

Christian thanks for your commentary here. I have the same question as well, the reason for it is that I have an already created and existing LLC that is part of a trust web structure. I see the logic in using a C-corp to avoid the IRS contact issue altogether insofar as a private express trust is involved.

With regards to this part of your message "C-corps are better for trusts to own because they cut off the tax liability at the public entity level, whereas LLCs pass the liability...
03 Nov 2017 16:15
Hey GTEN friends - this video takes a look into beneficial ownership as relates to all account matters - all kinds of accounts.

This will be of interest for anyone utilizing trust and corporation or llc structures that have any type of accounts; also for personal account matters.

-Siobhan
01 Nov 2017 07:03
Greetings,

I want to share an email exchange I had this week with a prospective GTEN.org member, Gregory, who is now a Trustee Network full member as of yesterday (thanks Gregory!). I think there's a lot of really good information in this conversation that's applicable to everyone. It gets interesting...

Hello,
Does your material on trust jurisdiction go into At Law vs. Equity... and how to stay in the latter?

Looks like some great material you've assembled here.

Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Thank...

Trust Network Family

Trustee Network Forum
Hi Henry,

I'm out on Long Island. Perhaps we can meet sometime in Manhattan or another borough,..maybe you an come out to LI...I am...
Category : Trustee Network Forum

12 Oct 2017 08:34
Kahen wrote:
Yes I see. The inhabitant must be considered separate from BOBBY JOE, the U.S corp. created entity. I have, via UCC and Declaration of name change, noticed the Secretary of state that I have a right of claim on BOBBY JOE since I created that entity via name change some years ago and UNKNOWINGLY gave the U.S corp rights of use. BOBBY JOE is not on the certificate of birth; it was inhabitant's creation. That is the in-road to the private Trust being able to claim "beneficial" ownership of BOBBY...
09 Oct 2017 13:03
Yes I see. The inhabitant must be considered separate from BOBBY JOE, the U.S corp. created entity. I have, via UCC and Declaration of name change, noticed the Secretary of state that I have a right of claim on BOBBY JOE since I created that entity via name change some years ago and UNKNOWINGLY gave the U.S corp rights of use. BOBBY JOE is not on the certificate of birth; it was inhabitant's creation. That is the in-road to the private Trust being able to claim "beneficial" ownership of BOBBY...
09 Oct 2017 11:16
Kahen wrote:
Yes it does. If say, "Billy Bob Trust" owned Bobby Joe, who has benefits, Billy Bob Trust can act as a representative and sign benefit paperwork on behalf of Bobby Joe (The trustee of Billy Bobs Trust signs). Thats what I understand from your answer. Thank you for this very much.

That's one way you could approach it. You might get some resistance. The fact is BOBBY J. JOE is actually a US franchise organization, and Billy Bob Trust may or may not be able to claim full title to the entity,...
07 Oct 2017 08:23
Yes it does. If say, "Billy Bob Trust" owned Bobby Joe, who has benefits, Billy Bob Trust can act as a representative and sign benefit paperwork on behalf of Bobby Joe (The trustee of Billy Bobs Trust signs). Thats what I understand from your answer. Thank you for this very much.
06 Oct 2017 10:57
Why do you prefer this entity structure over a C-corp? A C-corp solves everything you're wondering.
06 Oct 2017 10:47
I see no one has tackled this question, probably because it's a tricky one without a clear answer. Utilization of VA benefits will definitely create minimum contacts and continue your ALL CAPS NAME juristic person in the public forum jurisdiction. However, you can wear more than one hat. If you own and control a corporation as CEO, that corporation is a separate entity from the entity that served in the military, even though you control both. Likewise, if you control a private express trust as...
06 Oct 2017 10:13
Rolando wrote:
Hi GTEN Trustees!

I'd like to deliver Webinars and sell online courses without showing my face.

How have you been able to do it so successfully? How do you share great value and encourage people to buy while remaining relatively anonymous?

Thanks.

I'm not sure, actually. It was an experiment that worked. I think the key is to have the leading information in an area of expertise that people are looking for. As for sharing great value, well, that's a choice. We could have made our courses...
Displaying 1 - 43 out of 43 results.
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds