// // // // // // //
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.

TOPIC: How can a current income stream or client be brought under another legal person controlled by a private express trust to avoid future tax liability?

How can a current income stream or client be brought under another legal person controlled by a private express trust to avoid future tax liability? 6 years 11 months ago #762

• Rolando
  • Junior Forum User
A company has asked me to create content for an online programming course. They'll pay me with an upfront deposit and ongoing royalties.

If I use my full legal name as my author name when publishing this course, does doing so bind me to paying (corporate and personal) income taxes forever? If so, can I lawfully and legally use any pen name I choose when signing my contract with them and publishing the course?

I ask these questions because I won't be able to set up my private express trusts in time. I'd just like to be aware of all details that will make it impossible to do so and to avoid future tax liability once I do transfer this type of income stream to a corporation properly set up to be controlled by private express trusts.

Can I then renegotiate this contract under this new corporation to legally stop paying corporate and personal taxes?

Thank you in advance,

Rolando
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Rolando.

How can a current income stream or client be brought under another legal person controlled by a private express trust to avoid future tax liability? 6 years 10 months ago #773

• GTEN Trustee
  • Christian
  • Trustee
Rights to royalties are property, no different from any other asset. They can be sold, donated or otherwise transferred at any time. When entering into a rights contract with royalties, it is often worth including an assignment clause to ensure the parties agree that the rights can be sold or assigned. Also, simply making the payee "John Doe and/or assignee(s)" does the trick.
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.
The universe occurs to me as a fractal of primordial energy to be manifested into the material by intention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolando
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.
Moderators: Christian, Michael
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds