// // // // // // //
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.

TOPIC: Private express trusts as directors of offshore companies

Private express trusts as directors of offshore companies 7 years 5 months ago #679

• Rolando
  • Junior Forum User
Hi.

I'm planning to go offshore with new companies. Certain jurisdictions allow legal entities such as corporations to be shareholders, but not directors of their companies (e.g. LLCs, IBCs).

Is a private express trust, a natural person? If so, does it mean that such jurisdictions will allow a private express trust to be a director?

My ultimate goal to minimize or, if possible, eliminate the use of my legal "strawman" name from the public domain. That way, I avoid minimal contacts, adhesion contracts or being pulled into the federal jurisdiction.

Thanks,

Rolando
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.

Private express trusts as directors of offshore companies 7 years 5 months ago #682

• GTEN Trustee
  • Christian
  • Trustee
A private trust is a natural person by definition. That natural person CAN do whatever it wants, including being a director of a legal entity. However, if you use a private trust in that public legal capacity, it is no longer public. It has conferred jurisdiction to the public forum by acting in that capacity. It would need to apply for the privileges of the public forum jurisdiction. In the US it would need a TIN, for example, in order to hold the position of director of a government franchise organization such as a corporation. You've brought your private trust into the public. Once public like that, the books of the trust are accessible in public court, and your trust starts to unravel.

We go through these understandings at great length in our courses. I suggest you register for Private Trust Education and Trust Web Structures.
To reply to this message, please log in or click here to register for free.
The universe occurs to me as a fractal of primordial energy to be manifested into the material by intention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolando
To create a new topic, please log in or click here to register for free.
Moderators: Christian, Michael
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds